>> Return to full Baptiste Lake List <<
Grants General Store
Lat: 45.093441701805, Long:-77.982131838799
W. Mulcahey built the original store at the turn of the 1900's. The store was then sold to Hiram and Elizabeth Grant. Their daughter Mabel ran the store until 1984.
This is a classic. Grants' store in 1934, with 3 chimneys, gas pumps and the poolroom on the back near the village road.
Train stopped at Baptiste station which was in front of Grants General store.
Sources for this information